Why Office 365?
Microsoft Office 365 is a cloud-based suite of productivity apps designed to be a complete solution for its users. Because it is hosted in the cloud instead of on each device, users can work on projects from various locations and devices, and communicate and collaborate with other employees in the organization.
It works on a flexible monthly subscription model, and has built-in security, compliance and threat-detection features. The apps are updated automatically at no charge, so they are always up-to-date.
Some of the apps included in the suite are:
- Word, the popular word processing application
- Skype, to communicate through instant messaging and audio or video calls
- PowerPoint, to create slide presentations
- Outlook, for email, calendars and contacts
- Excel, for spreadsheets and graphs
- Visio, to design detailed flowcharts
- SharePoint, a collaborative document library
- Microsoft Teams, a group communication app